Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sugabeads: Creative Jewlery, Quality Supplies, Really Cool Gal!

A bit ago, I promised a feature on Sugabeads, another Artfire seller, talented jewelry maker, jewelry supply seller and cool friend. Well...a few minor emergencies later and I'm here to fulfill that promise.
I've known Jaclyn for several years. We first 'met' on an eBay jewelry group. She later began a group of her own and, for awhile, I was a moderator for that group. Tranquil Beading Oasis is on hiatus at the moment, but Jaclyn has kept putting her creative talents, and her knack for choosing the highest quality, best jewelry findings and other supplies, to work on her Artfire studio. Named, of course, Sugabeads. So...without further adieu (and be sure to take advantage of her great offer to readers of my blog), heeeeere's Jaclyn!

********************************************************

Sugabeads (sugabeads.artfire.com), aka Jaclyn is just a small town gal who watches far too much TV, has a huge love for any critter, enjoys history, genealogy and yes, BEADS.

I didn't grow up creating but in my late 20's I wanted to look into beading. Because of the small town I lived in there were no beads available (that was back when the dinosaurs roamed and the internet was just for Al Gore). When the net arrived it opened up alot of great opportunities! BEADS everywhere!

I always dreamt of having something I could call my own. A bead business seemed perfect! Not only did it offer up lovely items to the other beaders of the world but I could borrow an item or two for my own creations as well. Although I do enjoy creating jewelry, selling beads is my main focus.

Selling supplies has its own challenges just like selling jewels. It is hard work, alot of spare time spent listing and preparing photos (I refuse to use stock photos!). There is ALOT of competition out there. High fees to pay for selling low cost items, promoting enough so buyers can find you in this vast sea of supplies and all the little details that go along with any small business.

One of the things I hope makes Sugabeads stand out is a friendly, old fashioned way of serving the public. I like to treat folks as I would like to be treated when I'm a customer.

I'm still working on growing and expanding. It's a challenge when life has other ideas. Like what's for supper, uh-oh time to go to work or OMG look at the DUST on the furniture!!! ;)

And although I won't be retiring to Balmoral Castle (ah yes, Summer there but Winter in Hawaii!) anytime soon I enjoy what I do and will keep on working to have more to offer my customers.

Speaking of offers!!! I'd like to offer Suzanne's present followers FREE shipping on their first order at ARTFIRE (Artfire only please) that is over $20 dollars. Just use the code SUZANNESBLOG at checkout and orders over 20 will have FREE shipping! This offer is good from til

Thank you so much for this feature in your blog Suzanne!! You are just the sweetest lady ever!

*********************************************************

Be sure to check out Jaclyn's studio on Artfire, THE online site for unique, handmade gifts, at: sugabeads.artfire.com--and take advantage of her great offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment